Current evidence suggests that coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice measure for the prevention of COVID-19 and other viral respiratory illnesses in a business environment.
- Apply 0.5% detergent-water solution with a cloth, then use a non-metallic brush to loosen dirt on the device. Use a soft cloth to remove the solution, dirt, and dry the device. Do not use a paper towel as it can scratch the surface of the plastic or screen.
- Make sure that no solution remains on the device, in connectors, speaker, etc. This will cause damage to the device.
- Devices may be disinfected by wiping them down with isopropyl alcohol, rubbing alcohol, with at least 60% concentration.
- The alcohol should never be applied directly to the device. It should be applied using a soft cloth. Do not use a paper towel as it can scratch the surface of the plastic or screen.
- Do NOT use bleach, solvents or cleaning sprays.
- Zep DZ-7 can also be used to disinfect your device. Please follow the directions carefully on the package before applying it to the device. Do not breathe in the fumes.
Only radios with an IP rating of IP57 or greater should be submerged for cleaning. An IP57 radio is submersible for 1 meter up to 30 minutes.
Remember that the virus can spread through the sharing of radios and accessories. Please review your internal policies to help stop the spread of the virus.
Please reach out to us with any questions you may have in regards to cleaning or disinfecting your products at (715) 832-6763 or